It’s been one year since filming in Liverpool was given a huge boost with the opening of the city’s very own film studios.
The Depot officially launched just over 12 months ago, in an ambitious move to meet the increasing demand from production companies wanting to film in the city.READ MORE
Liverpool dramas Time and Help both secure a sensational six BAFTA TV nominations each.
Television is quickly becoming one of Liverpool’s most acclaimed cultural exports, with both productions made in Liverpool City Region and secured investment from Liverpool Film Office through its LCR Production Fund, using funds from Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Strategic Investment Fund.READ MORE
- Liverpool is standing in for London, Berlin, Birmingham and Gotham City across three major productions
- Peaky Blinders VI is now airing on BBC, The Ipcress File is now airing on ITV, The Batman is now in cinemas – all topping the box office and TV ratings
- The new ITV spy thriller and box-set BBC1 gangster drama tie, reeling in audiences of 3.5m (22%) each
- The Batman dominates UK-Ireland box office with £13.5m opening weekend
- The Ipcress File is Liverpool Film Office’s sixth investment through its LCR Production Fund
If you’ve been in Liverpool over the last few years, it’s more than likely you’ve stumbled upon a film set (or a film star!).
The last eighteen months have been Liverpool’s biggest boom for film and TV production – with crews falling over each other to film on location, Liverpool Film Office opening the doors of The Depot, and a recapitalisation of the LCR Production Fund.READ MORE
The Responder is a distinctive new take on crime drama from the makers of The Salisbury Poisonings, Dancing Ledge Productions. Written by ex-police officer Tony Schumacher, his first original series for television, The Responder holds a mirror up to the emotional extremes of life on the front line of British policing – sometimes darkly funny, sometimes painfully tragic, always challenging.READ MORE
- Additional £1m over 12 months for Liverpool Film Office’s LCR Production Fund to attract more high-end productions to the city region.
- Targets feature films, TV drama, animation and comedy series with investments of between £100K and £500k.
- Several BBC, C4 and ITV-commissioned projects already supported by the Fund.
Liverpool has taken a huge step towards being the UK’s premier production hub, as as its new film & high-end TV drama shoot space opens for business on Monday (4 October).
The Depot comprises two purpose-built, 20,000 sq ft film & TV production units, giving Liverpool the complete package for film producers and providing a multi-million pound boost to its economy.READ MORE