Liverpool dramas Time and Help both secure a sensational six BAFTA TV nominations each.
Television is quickly becoming one of Liverpool’s most acclaimed cultural exports, with both productions made in Liverpool City Region and secured investment from Liverpool Film Office through its LCR Production Fund, using funds from Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Strategic Investment Fund.READ MORE
- Liverpool is standing in for London, Berlin, Birmingham and Gotham City across three major productions
- Peaky Blinders VI is now airing on BBC, The Ipcress File is now airing on ITV, The Batman is now in cinemas – all topping the box office and TV ratings
- The new ITV spy thriller and box-set BBC1 gangster drama tie, reeling in audiences of 3.5m (22%) each
- The Batman dominates UK-Ireland box office with £13.5m opening weekend
- The Ipcress File is Liverpool Film Office’s sixth investment through its LCR Production Fund
“In some way I feel that I am The Responder to a degree and that this is my story” reflects ex-police officer, Tony Schumacher, the Liverpool screenwriter and creator of BBC’s upcoming police drama from the makers of The Salisbury Poisonings, Dancing Ledge Productions.READ MORE
If you’ve been in Liverpool over the last few years, it’s more than likely you’ve stumbled upon a film set (or a film star!).
The last eighteen months have been Liverpool’s biggest boom for film and TV production – with crews falling over each other to film on location, Liverpool Film Office opening the doors of The Depot, and a recapitalisation of the LCR Production Fund.READ MORE
The Responder is a distinctive new take on crime drama from the makers of The Salisbury Poisonings, Dancing Ledge Productions. Written by ex-police officer Tony Schumacher, his first original series for television, The Responder holds a mirror up to the emotional extremes of life on the front line of British policing – sometimes darkly funny, sometimes painfully tragic, always challenging.READ MORE